“The quest for perfection seems to be never-ending as Fortune Business Insights Report that Dermal Fillers Market to reach US$ 6,303.2 Mn by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.8%.”
When it comes to lip enhancement, every woman has her own opinion reflecting upon preconceived notions or the pursuit to look the best. If you’re oscillating between to-do or not-to-do, we recommend you to gain the vital information that attends to your apprehensions and help you make a wise call.
Without further ado, let’s begin …
1. What Are Dermal Fillers Made Of?
Dermal fillers are a soft & gel-based substance that when injected under the skin layer compensates for the lost volume, repairs fine lines or wrinkles, smoothens out skin distortion and regain your facial shape
Typically, the composition is made up of:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): Naturally occurring substance responsible for hydrated and plump skin.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA): Found in bones, this encourages natural collagen production, and smoothens out fine lines and wrinkles
- Poly-L-lactic Acid: Its biodegradable synthetic substance stimulating natural collagen production and highly effective to treat deep wrinkle lines.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA): It’s a synthetic substance safe for human skin and provides firmness and shape.
Do remember, each component is targeted to address distinct signs of a cosmetic issue, and would respond at its own pace.
2. Are Dermal Fillers Safe To Use?
Dermal fillers are minimally invasive and safe thus you can keep your fear or anxiety aside.
As per The Australian Safety and Efficacy Register of New Interventional Procedures – Surgical (ASERNIP-S) assesses new surgeries, “they are injected through a needle into the upper layers of the dermis skin layer to address the fine wrinkles or injected into the deep dermis or subcutaneous space for facial volume augmentation”.
Having said that every medical procedure comes with its own set of risks attached. Thus you must choose a certified clinic for dermal lip fillers in Melbourne.
3. Where Are Dermal Fillers Used?
They can be used possibly on any section of the face such as lips, cheeks, chin, cheeks, earlobes, forehead, and even jawline. Even though unpopular, you can use it on the back of the hands, low neckline or other parts susceptible to sagging.
However, it’s still debatable and you must consult your skincare clinic in Melbourne before adopting for any advanced medical procedure.
4. How Long The Positive Results Last?
Typically, the outcome of this treatment largely depends on:
- Dermal filler Used
- Area of the treatment
- Patient’s health condition
In most cases, Hyaluronic acid fillers provide positive results that can last from 6 months to even 2 years. For lasting results, you may have to simply repeat the treatment to enjoy optimum results for a long time.
Then there are synthetic fillers that may offer effective results than the standard dermal fillers. However, you must be very careful with where you get this service from.
Alternatively, fat injections are touted to have incredible results but with likely good chances of the fat dissolving faster than you can think of.
5. What This Treatment Involves?
Generally, this treatment is quite simple and hardly involves any complications unless you’re getting it done from an amateur practitioner.
Typically, it goes like this:
- Personal consultation to inform about the course of treatment and risks entailed.
- Determine the exact measurement of the face. Includes clicking a picture for reference.
- Zeroing on the problematic areas to be treated
- Actual treatment or medical procedure begins
- Allow the patient to relax and click the picture of the patient
- Share precautions ( dos and don’ts)
- Schedule the next review session to assess the results and decide the future course of care or treatment if needed.
The procedure may vary depending on the prevalent condition of the face while injecting dermal fillers. However, the patient is kept updated on all the steps undertaken.
6. What Are Potential Side-effects After The Treatment?
Generally, dermal fillers are considered safe. However, in some cases, patients can experience some of the following reactions:
- Itching or rashes or even pimples
- Redness, swelling or bruising
- Lumps and bumps
- Infection or scars
- Vascular occlusion on rare occasions
These side effects are mostly transient in nature and informed in advance so that the patient does not panic. However, in case of an unexpected side-effect, keep your cosmetic physician informed, and consult immediately for the corrective treatment.
7. Which Is Better – Botox or Dermal Fillers?
There is no doubt over the growing popularity of Botox and dermal filler procedures every single year. And why not when many studies have put their approval stamp.
While botox paralyzes the muscles causing wrinkles and creaks in the skin, dermal fillers are aimed to fill in certain feeble and problematic areas devoid of volume and evenness. Many patients use the combined treatment to enjoy the best of both medical procedures.
The Bottom Line
Youth does not last long and aging skin is inevitable but you can certainly keep a close tab on the visible signs to get the best treatment.
We have covered some of the commonly confounding questions but that does not encompass the nuts and bolts of this anti-aging treatment. You require experienced physician to experience a notable improvement in restoring more youthful skin.
Schedule a consultation with our experienced cosmetic physician to get the most appropriate treatment!